Monday, June 1, 2009

LIFE TIME ARREARS FOR VETERANS..Important for all...Retd people pls

Dear All

In view of this confusion, I had gone to my bank with the nomination paper. The bank authorities were very clear that since I am holding joint ac with my wife, there will be no difficulty in crediting all the dues approved by GOI. Further they also produced form which I had filled up at the time of my release duly giving the name of nominee chosen by me. He categorically stated that if you wish we would take the form but it will not add to whatever I had given at the time of release. Yes It is required in case some one wants to change the nominee.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Bank official did mention that many officers are coming with this nomination form but we are politely educating them.

Regrards

VK Gandhi
*******************************************

Vinod


Since all one has to do is to fill up, print out, sign and deliver just one sheet of paper, I would personally recommend that everyone should give the concerned form to the bankers. After all, if it later transpires that the nomination of a person for your bank account is NOT the same as this nomination, it will be too late as you are not around to do anything about it!!


And, this form has the space to give the name of one more nominee, in case of both the husband and wife pre-deceasing. That facility is NOT there for the bank account.


And, finally, this is for un-received pension arrears, specifically. The regular bank account nominee only has a lien on what is in the account. By the way, I do hope your pension account is already a joint account.


Think about it!


PS: This aspect has been thrashed threadbare on another service group and it has been advised that the nomination MUST be done.